Community development is multi-disciplined work. Uptown Consortium, Inc. (UCI) and our partners must be strategic about immediate and future opportunities and challenges for Uptown Cincinnati’s five core neighborhoods: Avondale, Clifton, Corryville, CUF and Mt. Auburn. An interdisciplinary approach to identifying, reviewing and selecting the best opportunities for Uptown institutions, businesses and residents is the key to this district’s future, which is central to our entire region.
With more than $1 billion in private real estate and $200 million in UCI investments, we face the important challenge of supporting the ecology between small businesses, entrepreneurs and anchor institutions. Part of that support comes in the form of a tried-and-true concept: shop local. Buying local means your money is directly invested in the community, giving you a reason to feel good about an extra shopping splurge. This support provides community sustainability and makes Uptown a more vibrant and attractive location for future businesses, residents and visitors.
To provide Uptown residents, employees and visitors with all our district has to offer, UCI and our partners created YourUptown.com.
The first of its kind, YourUptown.com includes:
- A comprehensive and diverse directory of Uptown restaurants, bars, music venues, boutiques, specialty stores and local businesses.
- A full calendar of upcoming events to explore.
- A deeper look at the economic and neighborhood impact of the shop local movement.
- A regularly updated blog with interesting and timely news about commerce and community in Uptown.
- A biweekly email newsletter featuring specials catered to personal dining and shopping preferences.
More than 300 subscribers already enjoy the significant savings and unique events ambitious Uptown businesses share with our savvy shoppers.
On behalf of the 800 businesses in our five core neighborhoods, I invite you to stop over to YourUptown.com to explore all the vibrant shopping, delectable dining and energetic entertainment Uptown has to offer.